Monday, May 23, 2011

That grad school thing

So with all the wonderful free time I've had so far on my first day off in a long time I've been doing a little thinking. The hubby and I have a kind of "deal" that we're going to take turns going to college as long as we both want to. Hubby's gonna nail the undergrad stuff...and then, if I so desire, it'll be my turn to do some grad school. 

Now, don't get me wrong, I really would love to get my master's, or even a doctorate...I'm just not sure what I'd get it in. I've thought about some general literature geek things, perhaps marketing, journalism, creative writing...documentary making (it exists)?  There are A LOT of things I'd be happy to study, being a bona fide nerd. However, I want to study something that actually gets me closer to a goal and, ya know, can pay off the debt I'll inevitably acquire during the process. 

And then while it would be tons of fun to go back to school and be in that academic environment again, if I could work, make enough money and be happy with my employment situation, I'm not sure that I'd do the school thing...at least not right now. I want to be sure I'm doing it for the right reasons, ya know? 


Suggestions? Comments? Don't forget to share with a friend, and have a happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment