Sunday, May 22, 2011

Thank god for tomorrow.

Okay, so I've survived the phone interview. Phew. There was only one person on the other end and she was very nice--I feel like I accurately represented myself, so we'll see what happens. Even if I don't get the job, it's nice to know that phone interviews aren't actually as scary as my over active imagination makes them out to be.

Anyway, let's cut to the chase. Tomorrow is my first day off in 21 days. Holy crap, I'm so excited. I know some people who can work non-stop, no problem. I'm not one of them. In fact, I probably fall squarely into the "somewhat wimpy" category, if we're going to measure tolerance for no days off. So naturally, I've been planning  tomorrow for a few days now. I'm craving...

1. A morning of sleep. I'ma sleep in until whenever my body wants. I'm not setting an alarm, and if I wake up and feel like going back to sleep, I'm going to do just that.

2. Some YouTube. Yeah, I'm subscribed to kind of a lot of people. It's dorky...and I love it. I need to catch up on some of my faves.

3. Probably an entire novel. Is The Fountainhead too ambitious?

4. Netflix. There are a few documentaries on my list, and a few TV series that I might try out.

5. Puppy? I might walk my mom's dog if the sun comes out for a bit and I actually decide to get dressed. This one's a little iffy, and very much depends on my laziness factor.

6. Hubby time. When hubby gets home tomorrow night I'll be chillin' with him. It feels like it's been forever since we've had a significant amount of time together.

7. Resist the urge to "catch up." I'm not going to go grocery shopping, vacuum, mop, do laundry, clean the bathroom or work on writing projects, even though some of these things very desperately need doing. This is so not me, but honestly I don't care if the apartment is a mess and we're out of milk and bread. I really don't.

No joke, my mouth is watering a little bit thinking about tomorrow (weird, I know). I'm super excited for some real time off to do whatever the heck I want. One more shift of human services job tonight and I'm home free!

Oh, and I'm glad to see Blogger.com survived the rapture/zombie apocalypse ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment