Wednesday, March 30, 2011

When you get sick and tired...

Picture this:

Me, slumped on the couch, bloodshot eyes framed by ten-gallon blackened bags, chocolate ice cream dribbled down my shirt, trying to type the word "dribbled" for the 7th time in a row to no avail.

Well, that's reality kids.

I came home from the retail part-time job today and got right to work on a sloppy joe, chocolate ice cream, and the job hunt. Unfortunately, my ice cream hasn't been the only "rocky road" of the night. I'm still not qualified for anything. There are still no jobs in the area we are hoping to move. I'm getting a little worried...

So here's my game plan (which can be adapted to fit most crappy circumstances and generally stinky days):

1. Junk out on some internet silliness. For me this means watching the new uploads of some select YouTubers, reading spoilers for my favorite shows on wetpaint.com, and doing some good old fashioned Facebook stalking.

2. Take a shower. A long one. Shave the legs and everything (which is a feat for me between the months of November and May). Ahhhhhhh.

3. Get a hug. For me, the hubby works.

4. Laugh a little and go to bed with at least 8 hours of sleepy time ahead of me. For me, it's hard to wake up with the "it's a new day" mentality all the time. I find that this last step ensures that my my-job-search-is-not-moving-forward-at-all moodiness does not spill into tomorrow as well.

Mmmmmm. Ima go do that. You all have a great night :-)

Comment? Share? Yes, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment