Thursday, March 24, 2011

Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Ah, Dr. Seuss. I just discovered that there are quite a few children's books, with pictures, posted to YouTube and created by Audible.com. I love "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" especially the part about the "waiting place" where everyone just...well...waits. I feel like I'm in the waiting place right now. I'm waiting to move, I'm waiting to be able to afford grad school, I'm waiting for the right in-between job that actually adds to my resume, and most of all I'm waiting for some sort of "calling" that very well might so-not-be-the-point. Dr. Seuss tells me that I'll get out of the "waiting place" sometime, and for that I thank him. He's right. And for now, I think the waiting place actually has quite a bit to offer me. I need to learn more about trust and have less worry in my life. I don't always need to be planning my life at least six months ahead of time. I just need the next step in time to take it. Phew. That's hard for me.

And finally, if you're like me and benefit from occasional pessimism, sarcasm or satire, check out this video as well. It's a self-proclaimed "whimsical tale of mediocrity."

Don't forget to share your thoughts in the comments! And, as always, overachievers can share this blog with a friend. Happy Friday Eve :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment